Gluteal augmentation is a popular plastic surgery that is intended to increase the size of your buttocks. This can be done using either implants or fat grafting. Enhancing your backside with plastic surgery is more commonly referred to as a Brazilian Butt Lift or “BBL”.
Not sure if you should have a BBL? Patients seek this safe and very effective cosmetic procedure to address the following concerns:
- Clothes don’t fit the way you want them to
- Butt is too small for your overall figure
- It hurts to sit for extended periods of time
- Don’t feel feminine enough with small buttocks
At Back Bay Plastic Surgery, we have an elite board-certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience performing Brazilian Butt Lifts. While we will go over the details about this procedure when you attend a BBL consultation, here are just a few myths and facts to be aware of.
- MYTH: A BUTT LIFT CAN BE PERFORMED WITH SILICONE INJECTIONS
- Silicone injections are not the same as silicone implants! If someone has offered to increase the size of your butt using free silicone, paraffin or petroleum jelly, stay away. Not only are these substances not FDA approved and banned from cosmetic procedures, but they can also pose serious health risks such as pulmonary embolism, kidney failure, infection, bleeding, scarring, abscesses and even death. Silicone injections for a butt lift are commonly offered by unlicensed individuals at a lower cost. A certified plastic surgeon, however, will more effectively and safely plump your buttocks using fat transfer or implants.
- FACT: A BUTT LIFT CAN IMPROVE YOUR BALANCE
- It may be true that most patients seek a BBL to improve their appearance, but this procedure can also offer some functional benefits for certain individuals. A butt lift can correct bad balance, such as after an injury or when there is a deformity in the buttocks. The size of your buttocks impacts your comfort when you’re seated as well as your stability when you walk.
- MYTH: SOME PEOPLE ARE TOO THIN FOR A BUTT LIFT
- Even thinner women can benefit from a butt lift. If there is not enough ideal fat to transfer to the gluteal region, then a silicone implant can be used.
- FACT: A BUTT LIFT CAN REDUCE SAGGING AND INCREASE FIRMNESS
- Age and weight loss are known to decrease the elasticity of skin, which may result in a loose, saggy, or bottom with a flat appearance. You can expect a BBL to correct these concerns and turn back the hands of time on your backside. BBL’s can make your butt look fuller, rounder and more toned/firmer.
Schedule Your BBL Consult Today
Back Bay Plastic Surgery is your superior choice for butt augmentation in Boston. We offer a full menu of procedures to enhance your butt appearance, including the popular Brazilian Butt Lift.
Posted on behalf of
38 Newbury Street Ste 502
Boston, MA 02116
Phone: (617) 262-8528
Monday - Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM